Monday, July 10, 2006

Soaked to the Bone

Well, I made an unfortunate decision to head to the grocery store tonight. It was late, but I decided it would probably be another week unless I went tonight. Just as I arrived to the store, two or three huge raindrops hit my windshield. I thought about turning back around, but again... I need food.

During my shopping excursion, I could hear the giant drops pounding against the metal roof. I hoped that if I took long enough the rain would let us. No such luck. I stood at the exit hoping for a reprieve but quickly determined it would be quite a long while yet. So, I made a mad dash but even gave up on that. I was pretty drenched. Not only that, all of my food and toilet paper got a pretty good soaking. But, all that said, it's a nice storm. Good deep, heart involving thunder. Steady drops of rain. It really is lovely.

Another odd thing, though. As I was loading my food/paper goods onto the conveyor belt, the two guys behind me started unloading their stuff. That's fine and all, but they didn't even give me enough room to finish putting my stuff on the belt. I laid down the bar for them, but finally had to hold the rest of my groceries until the checker was ready for them. It seemed a bit odd to me. And their cart was nearly in the way of me even paying for my groceries. I don't know if they were in a hurry or if they just weren't concerned about anyone around them. (I'm guessing the latter.)

Well, I may do some reading, or watch Seinfeld or balance my checkbook. All three sound enjoyable. No? :)

No comments: