Monday, January 24, 2011

Thankfulness

No, it's not Thanksgiving. Our small group talked about JOY last week. Fitting... because it's something I struggle with. We've been reading some of Henri Nouwen's "Here and Now," and he pointed out the interconnection between gratitude and joy. He encourages us to take a few moments to reflect back at the end of every day to all the things we have to be thankful for. In our group, we each took turns sharing one thing we were thankful for from that day. After we all shared, there was a nearly tangible difference in our moods. What was it? I dare say... JOY!!!

So, here's what I have to be thankful for today:
I had a productive day at work. I got to wear the new scarf I made. I lost two more pounds (a total of 7.7 since Jan 1)! I did Zumba and feel physically refreshed. It's 8:30, and I'm already settled down for the evening. I have a nice cup of coffee sitting close.

And then lately... I feel like my house has been transformed. I pulled out an old rug for the living room. A friend brought over a new TV, which is UH-MAZ-ING. I have two balls of yarn in a glass jar on my table, which makes me very happy. Becky and I finished invitations for a party we're throwing for all the lovely single ladies we know. Oh, and I nearly forgot... I get to go on a cruise, basically for free, in a couple of weeks. :)

So life is good. Thank you, Papa, for all the rich blessings you've provided.

No comments: