I can think of all kinds of whitty things to blog about... until I sit down to blog, that is. :)
My new favorite breakfast... two small slices of multi-grain bread, toasted under the broiler for a few minutes, topped with Nutella and eaten with banana slices and a cup of coffee. Yummers!
I got up early enough to attend an early service at LifeChurch. I have a few friends there, which makes it a nice alternative at the moment, even though I ended up sitting by myself. "Chrissy" and her kids/entourage came and sat right by me, which I thought was funny given all the vast amounts of open space in that service. But, I didn't mind. It was nice having someone to sit with... even if it was a total stranger. For one of the first times since I've visited, they actually gave us a moment to greet those around us. It was loud, so I didn't get any names (except for Chrissy's), but it did make for a more friendly feel.
The music was fine... way too loud, crazy flashing lights, smoke machine (bleh). I remember visiting a LC in Owasso and realizing that my criticisms of it were all indictments of my own church at the time (the one I worked for and had invested years of my life). I found it funny this morning that I was sitting there, through all of the fuss, waiting for a video sermon from Craig Groeschel. It made me wonder if I had made those worship-related things too big of an issue or if I had just grown calloused and no longer cared. Or, maybe I can tolerate it differently given I have no current responsibility or involvement in it... other than as a casual observer. It's something to think about anyway. It made me wonder if I could sing on a praise time like that. It's gotta be even louder up on that stage!
Regardless, the message was great, as per normal. I really do enjoy listening to Craig's sermons. I've never been too excited to listen to sermons online, but I will occasionally pull up one of his sermons randomly at home... especially if I want to hear something on a particular topic. He's covered the gambit. He seems really transparent to me, which is funny given I've never met or even seen the man in real life.
This morning he talked about fear. He said that our fears reveal the things that are most important to us... as well as the things in which we trust God the least. (Ouch!) But, it's true. I came home and journaled about some of my fears. I would include those here, but I think I'll keep the details of those to myself. Oh, and for those of you wondering, no... I didn't journal about my fear of sharks. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment