Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Temporary Depression Brought on by Apparent Missing Peppermint Foot Scrub

I know you men will not understand this, but I decided to take a bath tonight. I don't normall take baths, but taking some time to soak and relax sounded very nice. Right before I hopped in, I thought, "ahhhh... I feel like a little foot care this evening." But, when I looked for my peppermint foot scrub I couldn't find it. I searched high and low... in the likely AND unlikely places. I became more and more frustrated trying to find it. I kept thinking, "surely the thieves didn't take the foot scrub." But... there was a girl involved in the robbery... so, who knows.

Most of you probably don't know how depressing it is to think someone just wandered through your house looking for things they might want... either because they were worth something or they just liked it. I'm sure they were mainly looking for things of value, but that can't be true of the St. Patrick's shamrock charm bracelet they took or the fake strand of pearls or my blue dangley earrings. :( So... I finally concluded that the perp must have been needing (read: wanting) some nice Peppermint Foot Scrub. Grrrrrrrr.

However, there's a happy ending here. After soaking in luke warm water (yuck!... the laundry must have taken a considerable amount of the hot water) for a bit, I got out, dried off and resumed my search for the scrub. I finally found it in the most obvious place... a place I'm sure I looked several times before getting in the tub. You know, it's strange how sometimes you're completely blind to the one thing you're really looking for. Hrmmmm... that's fairly profound. Maybe THAT'S the moral of the story. :)

5 comments:

Sarah Rahija said...

So glad you found it ... I was thinking as I read this that I thought I had seen it in the shower caddy thing in the shower ... glad you got to exfoliate, even if it was in lukewarm water. Thanks for hosting our family this weekend, and answering to Erin's demanding Aunt Krista schedule! Love you!

Sarah Rahija said...

well ... I was a little wired from watching the Mothman movie, and I didn't want to go in where it was dark to lay there and see the red lights from the street. I know ... lame!

Michelle said...

Wow, I guess many of us saw the foot scrub, because I knew it was there too! The question is, how many people indulged in the peppermint bliss while they were in the shower???

Anonymous said...

I think the more important question here is whether the temporary depression was justified in light of the non-conclusive search embarked upon by the author. It appears that the peppermint delight was visible to all who entered that sacred room.

And, more fundamentally, was such temporary depression really a valid response for a person who was willing (read: eager) to bathe in a vat of lukewarm water.

Unknown said...

I'm especially enjoying reading the various blog entries blaming any "missing" object on persons skilled in thievery.