Well, as you can tell it's very late (actually... very early)! I had a few friends over to play cards tonight. I thought I might have a difficult time finding people to play, because I kind of organized it at the last minute (this morning). But, we actually had eight. We had dinner... spicy chicken & rice. Everyone brought side dishes, dessert, etc. Then we played Texas Hold'em (for chips only) and Phase 10. Finally someone phased out circa 1 AM. It was a good group, though, and much fun was had. I've been rather bored lately, so I'm glad they could all come and hang out for awhile.
I don't have much planned for tomorrow - house cleaning and some homework. YES... HOMEWORK!!! I've signed up (and paid) to take a class that will teach me how to become a "Budget Coach." Our church participates with Crown Financial Ministries to offer certain "financial stewardship" classes. These classes help people set up budgets and recognize that 100% of their money is God's (not just our tithe). Sometimes people in our church and community request to have someone help "coach" them in setting up a budget and making financial decisions that will glorify God. That's where I come into the picture. So... for the next ten weeks, I'll be getting back into that school mode - reading, studying, doing homework, etc. The goal is that by halfway through the class, we'll be assigned to an individual or couple to begin coaching. It will be an interesting process, but I figure this class will be good for several reasons - 1) it will give me something to do, 2) it will encourage me to LIVE by a budget (I generally HAVE a budget, but don't really have any financial plans or goals, nor do I evaluate my budget performance), and 3) it will allow me to use my accounting/finance background to serve in a very tangible way. I'll let you know how it goes!
No comments:
Post a Comment