Thursday, September 07, 2006

Embroidery

Theresa crochets, which has encouraged me to pick up some embroidery that I've long been neglecting. It's been fairly enjoyable to have someone to watch TV and sew with. In fact, we've talked of starting some sort of sewing circle, though I'm not sure what the details of that might look like.

It's been another trying week, but for different reasons. Things seemed to have evened out today, so hopefully we have mostly sunny skies ahead of us. The weather has been absolutely perfect... between 60 and 85 degrees... sunny... light breeze. Beeeeaaaaauuuuutiful!! Reminds me of La Jolla. I'm somewhat tempted to hop a plane; however, I suppose I should enjoy Tulsa and save the La Jolla trips for the times it's nearly unbearable here.

I was reminded yesterday that next month is the month I could have taken a trip to Honduras. I suppose not going is the right decision given the fact I should be watching what I spend. But... making an escape sounds somewhat inviting. I guess I can escape for a weekend on some sort of camping trip. Okay, fam, when are we going? :)

3 comments:

Sarah Rahija said...

Hey Krista! The sewing circle idea... some gals in our church have a "Stitch n' Bitch" group that meets each Wednesday evening. Girls are encouraged to come and bring whatever craftyish project they have to work on, or just come over to hang out together. They stitch, "chat", and eat together, and have a great time. I know lots of them learned to crochet and knit from each other, as well as scrapbooking techniques, ... the name of the group is an actual group on Yahoo, I think, and they've adopted it. If we can get past the name, I think it's kind of fun. Or, you could change the name :)

Michelle said...

Did mom tell you about the embroidery floss she found in Coldwater, Kansas? She bought the store out!

By the way, if you want to camp, the church is going to Clinton Lake on the 15th-16th. Come on up! I was going to invite you to go to Colorado with us, but it looks like you have a concert that weekend. :( We should get a family campout planned, maybe another October trip to John Redmond?

Anonymous said...

Keo - I am going to miss you on the trip. While I am looking forward to relaxing and catching up on my reading, it won't be the BIG trip without you. Sorry I missed your phone call on Friday. I hope all is going well with you.