Wow! It's only been a bit over a month since I've blogged, but so much has happened during that time!
Update 1: Because some of your have asked... Sean (the DJ) took a job in Dayton, OH. He's already moved and everything. We had a pretty full week of farewell parties before he left. Now he's in the process of getting plugged in to Dayton. (We in Tulsa are still hoping God may have plans to bring him back to us again.)
Update 2: Um... I'm not sure how I haven't blogged about it yet, but I changed jobs!! I've gone to work for The Gathering full-time! My title is "Director of Operations and Connection Ministries." I'm basically the Church Administrator but also help with our small group ministry, following up with visitors, membership, etc. I had been looking into the possibility of going part-time, but that didn't seem feasible. So, I took the plunge. It really is quite a crazy deal... a faith adventure, for sure! I'm really enjoying it so far, though I'm learning all of the nuances of working for a non-profit organization. It struck me that it's my friends who are now paying my salary, so that's kind of strange. And, it's really easy for me to take criticism of The Gathering very personally. So... more to come on all of that. :)
Update 3: I've now been to Guatemala and back. It was a very nice trip, and I'm so glad I got to go. I'm still recovering a bit. I had some allergy problems... most likely from the vast amounts of mold in our hotel room. But, we got the (metal-framed) building put up in about 2.5 days. It was really amazing to see the variety of different people helping on the project - construction workers, college students, friends and families, people from the Mayan community, etc... different ages, different ethnic groups, different socio-economic groups. It was really cool. The Mayan community (called "Chuisajcup") threw a big celebration to dedicate the building. It was so much fun to be involved in that. It included fireworks, native dancing, a meal and much more. They had decorated the building with palm branches, pine needles and balloons. It was very festive! I'll try to write more about it later... maybe post a few pics from the trip.
That pretty much brings things up to date. I'm sure there's more to write about, but I'll save that for another day!
1 comment:
or 2:30 am!
Post a Comment