Saturday, July 09, 2005

Reflections on days past

Well... it's official. I'm old. I actually used the phrase "when I was in my twenties" today. I caught myself as I was saying it and realized it's the first time (probably of many times) I've used that phrase. Golly.

It's been an enjoyable but busy weekend. I had two softball games last night. I started out being fairly disappointed in my play, but I ended up hitting pretty well and making a few good plays. (I also made a few bad plays to balance it out!) We ended up losing the first one (barely) and winning the second (barely). But, all in all, it was a fun night... good weather... it helped that we played the later games (8:30 and 9:30). After the games, a couple of friends came over and watched a movie. So, it made for a really late... I mean... early night. (3 AM to be exact.)

I ran around most of the day today... met some girlfriends for lunch. We've been reading the book "Wild at Heart" and trying to learn a bit more about the men in our life. (I know... you're asking "What men?!?!") Anyway. All I've gleaned from the book so far is that I do not understand men in the slightest. And, I'm starting to rethink my need for one. After that, I ran about town to get a shower gift for a co-ed cookout/wedding shower for this evening. Bought some stuff for them... bought some stuff for myself, too. I got home just in time to get ready for the shower. The shower was fine. I was stressed out on the way over there... I've just had way too much going on lately. And... the cake I had ordered looked absolutely terrible. Matt and I took a picture of the cake to serve as proof to take back to the store where it was purchased. However, unbeknownst to me, Matt erased the pictoral proof and was about to re-take a picture of the cake when he dropped his camera into the cake. No kidding, folks. He wiped out a nice chunk of the icing.... it figures of course that the crappy writing remained unharmed. So he spent the next half hour trying to remove icing from his digital camera. But, I think the shower was a success. It was nice to see Joe & Allisha (who will wed two weeks from today). I think we helped them get a bit more prepared for their new life together.

I'm home now and ready to crawl in bed. Tomorrow's going to be a booger of a day.

Krista

No comments: